Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Exhausted, Swollen and Tired

This past week has got me. I informed my OBGYN today that I have absolutely hit the proverbial pregnancy wall and I was done. She laughed at me.

First, let me say --- I went to Carolina Beach for a couple of days this past week to do a little fishing and to help the preggo time pass a little bit faster. On the way home late Friday night I started not to feel so hot. I started having pains in my tummy and my stomach was having contractions. At first I was worried that maybe I was just super hungry. I haven't been able to really eat or hold anything down for about a week -- I've been nauseated or have had horrible indigestion and eating has been less than enjoyable. So we pulled over and I inhaled a cheeseburger from McDonalds. I should probably say: I don't eat Micky D's. I just don't but I was so terrified that I could possibly be starving my unborn child I man-ed up and ate. But it didn't help. The contractions came and I was feeling it. So we rushed over to Grand Strand Hospital and had them take a looksie. I was having false labor pains and my blood pressure was high. I was scared. I just felt so unprepared if labor was coming and to be quite honest I was scared SHITLESS! Justin was a trooper, he was worried but trying to make jokes to lighten the mood. I laid there in the hospital bed, strapped to machines monitoring everything and my teeth wouldn't quit chattering -- I was scared. Well after 2 hours of monitoring they released me home to rest. My legs have been swelling really bad and have caused something called "Edema" or "Pitting" and according to the Labor and Delivery nurse I had the worst she had ever seen.

So Saturday and Sunday I didn't really get out of bed. I laid around and tried to keep my feet elevated to relieve some of the swelling. Today I went to the OBGYN for an ultra sound and check up. My blood pressure was high again but they were able to get it down by laying me on my left side. My ultra sound also revealed that I was NOT having this monster sized baby boy that all the doctors had predicted! THANK YOU LIL BABY JESUS! As a matter of a fact they estimated Baby Cash's weight as 6lbs and 15 oz! OMG! They doctor was guessing he weight 7.5lbs a MONTH AGO! Can you say relieved???

When they first took my blood pressure, coupled with my other symptoms the nurse made the comment that they may check me into the hospital today and try to get the baby asap. This sent Justin into a panic. He had just come from court and it just tore his nerves all up! He paced around the room saying over and over again -- we can't have this baby today, we aren't ready.

Now the good news is -- the doctor didn't send me over to L&D and instead put me on bed rest and ordered me to come back on Friday. We also discussed a scheduled C-Section and all of that will be decided on Friday. That, that I can handle. Let's just pray all comes back okay with my blood work up and everything goes smoothly!

-A-

1 comment:

A New Gentleman said...

Saying prayers for you guys! Y'all are more prepared than you think for lil baby JC, and he is a lucky little boy to have such great parents looking out for him.