Sunday, April 12, 2009

Blessed

This weekend was good for my soul. My parents and my brother and his fiance Miranda came down for Easter weekend and it was nice to have company! Friday, my mom and I shopped all day and found her dress for my sister's wedding in July. This was uber exciting because my mom has bought 3 dresses all of which have been a "no-go." So to find a great, classic, beautiful, elegant dress that is not too frumpy or mother of the bride-ish is a great fete! Operation Find-a-Dress complete. I went a little crazy at J-Crew and bought a navy searsucker suit of which I'm in love with.

Saturday was a day of doing whatever my heart desired. I decided to try my hand at wedding cake baking (What was I thinking?). So I went to Michaels, coupon in hand, and bought cake pans and all the goodies for my grand attempt. Miranda and I embarked on a project a little bigger than 2 silly girls who like to google how to blogs. It was not a complete disaster - but it was not a major accomplishment either :) Picture to follow!

Today we went to church at "Church of the Lost and Found" in North Myrtle. I love that church, I don't think I've ever experienced a pastor who can use humor, scripture and rawness to accomplish so much for the glory of God. Pastor Beaver amazes me. God is good.

The whole crew left here around 3:00pm and it made me a little sad because I really miss spending time with my mom and dad. I love living in SC, but I still miss my family being 5 minutes down the road.

Justin spent the weekend in Grundy preparing for his trial next week and boy did I miss him! He is 20 days from graduation and I am so proud of him! I know how much time, work, energy, blood, sweat and tears go into the 3 years of law school and I am amazed at how he's done all of it with grace, determination and drive. YAY! In 20 days we will live in the same state!!! Hip Hip Hooray!!! And in 3 1/2 months I will have him all to myself!! I can't wait.

So, I'm preparing for a new week - excited about new job oppurtunities and hopeful that God has a plan for me that's bigger and better than I can imagine.

1 comment:

A New Gentleman said...

Living in the same zip code always helps. Congratulations! And a seersucker suit, wedding cake skills, and Jesus. Sounds like good times to me!