Monday, May 19, 2008

Bar Review Orientation

The past week has been blissful! I got to spend time with my fantastic family and wonderful boyfriend at the beach! We went down and just relaxed, laid around, ate and enjoyed each other's company. It was exactly what I needed to recharge my "battery" for the upcoming craziness that is the Bar. What I find more confusing than the Rule of Perpetuities is this whole nonsense of calling the hardest exam of you life the Bar!? Explain that one? I mean, a "Bar" in my eyes is a fun, it's laughing, partying, playing and hanging out. I personally believe that calling this personal hell of mine a bar is just SAC RELIGIOUS!

Yesterday I had my own mini-breakdown that consisted of a few tears and some frown lines in my forehead that I'm sure -I will never recover from. I guess I was freaked out because.....I've never done this! I've never taken a bar exam and I just don't know where to begin, how to plan for it and what to do! Failure is not an option and the very idea that I do not have everything organized in a neat lil outline, a precise list all highlighted in the perfect colorfully coordinated bow to wrap it all up in ---- just kills me. I am an organization freak and when I don't have a list, I feel out of control.

Today was all about how to study for the bar. A schedule, a list...AH! My AH! moment! Thank you Jesus. I feel much more at ease and that is quite a feat, considering I was handed 7 very, very, very large and heavy books filled with outlines, question and information that must be crammed into my tiny blonde head by July 28. I can do it! No doubt about it.

This morning when I woke up, I started to think about all my ASL friends and how they were waking up with the same anxieties and the same fears and I said a lil prayer that all of their minds would be at peace and that they would begin this journey with a sense of purpose and confidence.

Studying now begins for TORTS tomorrow....

The Journey Begins.........

No comments: