Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

This weekend I have been a lil slack on the bar studying. I guess I was just exhausted! We went straight from exams on Thursday to a huge formal party the next night, then graduation was on Saturday morning, then PMBR started bright and early Monday morning and went on for a week, then I had to pack up everything and head home. Where I spent hours organizing and unpacking, of which I had to turn around and repack for Columbia. I ended up with about a 3 day break at the beach before I had to be here for BARBRI to begin. I think my body was just zapped and needed a lil R&R. I did however finish outlining Evidence and putting them to notecards and I did do a couple sets of questions, so I guess I haven't been too, too bad.

Justin came in this weekend and we've had the best time together. I adore that we can just sit and laugh and entertain ourselves with nothing more than a couch, tv and a laptop. We drove Saturday to Charlotte and met my parents for dinner and to exchange cars. My Jeep is finally fixed and looking quite fantastic! Yipee! We had dinner at the Cheesecake Factory and my oh my, that whole diet was out the window this weekend! And it was worth EVERY BITE! :) I realized just how much I miss the fam and home. I need a lil Momma, Daddy, B and Katy time....ASAP! Justin and I explored downtown Columbia, visited a place called Nonnah's and had the very best apple pie I've ever encountered, we drank beer and watched a great band at Wild Wing Cafe, and ate shrimp and grits at the Blue Marlin. Overall, a great long weekend of eating, drinking, being merry and a couple hours of studying Evidence.

Oh, let me just say this. I want to KILL Professor Kunich! (Insert shaking of Fist) I feel like I got nothing out of our Evidence class 2nd year. The fact that he spent 2 days on Hearsay and 3/4 of a semester on Relevance may have something to do with my lack of knowledge and abundance of anger. I do consider myself lucky though, because the USC kids weren't required to take Evidence or any of the UCC classes. Well in the land of the SC bar that's pretty CRAZY! The SC Bar is broken down into these categories:
MBE: Evidence, Contracts, Property, Constitutional Law, Torts, Criminal Law and Procedure.
Essays: Business Law, Civil Procedure, Commercial Law, Domestic Relations, Equity, Insurance, Wills, Trusts & Estates.

The good news is- I've had all of these classes with the exception of Insurance but I did the research on what the bar examiners ask for this essay and have good books and outlines to begin from. I will say this: Yes, ASL may suck when it comes to some things but I can honestly say that I feel completely and adequately prepared for the bar exam and for that I am beyond grateful!!

Well, I need to do some Evidence questions and look back over my notes.

I hope this finds you all well, feeling rested from the long weekend! Love y'all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you're mad at Kunich now- wait 'till you get to PROPERTY!!! Most of the MBE questions focus on Mortgages and Titles!

Does anyone remember THOSE topics?!?

Nope- it was all "O to A..." and silly songs!!!