Friday, May 23, 2008

The Lil Things in Life/Bar Land

Kristie and I are taking a hard-core approach to the bar and I think it is already paying off. We've been putting in the hours and it appears that it's working! Yesterday's schedule went something like this;

7:15am: Up and at em
8:15am: Starbucks for a lil pep in our step
8:30am: USC Law School for BARBRI, staking out our front row seat and laying claim to it! Reading over the outline one more time.
9:00am-1:15pm: Torts lectures
1:30pm: Lunch
2:00pm-3:00pm: Work Out (relieve stress or more importantly down size the big ass that I received compliments of the gourmet cuisine in Grundy)
3:00pm-7:00pm: Studying Torts Outlines, Doing Notecards, Memorization
7:00pm-7:30pm: Dinner (For me: Nutrisystem, For Kristie: Spaghetti Os)
7:20pm-8:00pm: Quick run to Wal-mart for 3 Egg Cartons for my bed
8:00pm-12:00am: More notecards, then practice ?'s in Drill set 1
12:00am-1:00am: Talk to Mom and get the latest gossip, news and love
1:00am-1:15am: Talk to Justin
1:30am: Fall ASLEEP!

Okay, so last night before bed I was wondering if we were doing too much for the very beginning...BUT today in class the kids around us (from USC) asked us how many we were hitting out of the drill questions and we responded 14 of 17, 14 of 18. To which we were informed was super high that none of them were getting more than 10 out of 17/18! So, with the feeling of a tiny victory, we feel like we're doing something right!

Today was/is another long day but now we are working on Evidence! And let me tell you!!! I am super duper excited!!! Bobby (God's lil gift to me and the world) taught me how to make notecards on my printer/laptop!!! I've been handwriting notecards for the past 3 years and this new discovery has me beyond HAPPY! Yes, the bar exam makes the lil things in life worth getting GIDDY about. I'm inserting a picture of my handy dandy notecards!!!!!







IN LOVE WITH THIS APPROACH! I can outline and not have to rewrite all of it! Hip! Hip! Hooray!

So it's 1am, I'm exhausted and Kristie is too! This is us, still up and still studying (with an break to blog of course)







I'm too cute to look this bad already! But give me a break...I've been hunched over a computer and books for 12 hours today.

Oh, so the 3 egg carton bed thingys and my feather mattress has done the trick- I've finally had a good nights sleep! Thank you Lil Baby Jesus! Justin is coming to visit for the weekend and Kristie is leaving to go home. I'm excited to see him and lucky that he understands that I have to study 1/2 days on the weekend.

Back to Evidence........

Puttin' on the face paint, the camo and fatigues and I'm ready for war!!

-A-

No comments: