Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Day 1 of Barbri CLASS

Today went well, we went over Torts and I felt pretty good about the material. Kristie and I arrived super early to stake out a desk at the front and as I was sitting there I was reminded of my 1L year. Wow, what a year. I don't think I've ever been so terrified of failure in my life. I remember sitting in the library, day in and day out studying. Reading case after case with the fear of being called on and not quite having the correct answer. So I would sit and read (and more than often ...look over to my friends in the carol beside me and say "I'M SO OVER THIS!") and read some more. School always came easy for me so law school was my wake up call. How to study was my biggest worry. Am I doing this right? And then came my saving grace, in the form of a 4 foot 9 inch tiny blonde with a bigger mouth than I had.....enter Kristie McAuley. I remember studying beside her and looking at her and saying "I just don't get this whole "proximate cause" thing!" Now, to you lawyer kids you understand what a big deal that is but to you lay people: That's like a butcher not knowing a cut of Filet or a CPA not knowing the standard deductions for a single taxpayer or to be quite frank it's like a prostitute not knowing how to give a proper BJ. I was so SCREWED and I just didn't grasp the subject! Kristie looked at me and laughed and we've been together studying, playing and laughing ever since. So the idea of studying for this mamouth of an exam without her would feel....well....just wrong. I'm so glad to be going through this experience with her. We just get each other and I feel super blessed to have walked away from law school with a best friend like her.

So we rented this 1 bedroom apartment here in Columbia, I put my bed in the Carolina room, aka: the tiny lil area off the side of the den and we've posted up a desk and work center in the dining room. I love the area we are in...Vista Commons is right near the USC Law School where we have BARBRI and it's in a super safe location with gates and double locks. This is crucial in Columbia because of high crime. So I'm gonna post a couple pics of our apartment....my tiny space of a bedroom but most of all take notice of all the books...WOWZERS! Between the BARBRI, PMBR, EMANUALS, Examples & Explanations and Gilbert's, I'm left with a dizzy head and an anxious mind!

Off to do more Torts!

Missing Everyone and Sending My Love!!

-A-

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Quick, give me the facts of Palsgraf.

Mr. J said...

You know Karen and I love torts, especially when there fresh out of the oven and covered with chocolate. That's not so hard, quit whining will you.