Monday, June 16, 2008

Another Day

Yea, so exhaustion has set in! I'm overwhelmed and to be quite honest - a little disheartened. I've been doing these MBE questions for weeks now and I can't seem to get more than 14 out of 17 right. I know that is about 82% but I can't seem to get over that HUMP and it's driving me crazy. The past 2 BARBRI classes have been SC specific Payment Systems.......SHOOT ME NOW! I actually visualized throwing myself onto my ink pen or paper cutting my wrist today. The professor was live and he was just no bueno. He kept going in circles, never really answering his own questions- only to return to previous material in the outline. I'm guessing the look of sheer panic on my face translated quite well to my pal Kristie because she patted me on the hand and said..."Don't worry, I'll figure it out!" BLESS HER HEART! Because I truly was scared at the thought that I would never recover from this jumbled mess he called an outline.

Justin got back from Portugal on Thursday night around 12:30am after a hellish plane ride, a missed flight in Newark and lost luggage in Nashville. The dear child, drove straight to Columbia to see me....he arrived at 8:45am on Friday morning smiling with exhaustion but with Mickey D's breakfast in tow. What a little angel! How did I manage to find such a good and kind person who loves me to boot? He slept all day on Friday while Kristie and I studied. Later that night, when he finally woke up-- we decided to head to the beach for a night of peacefulness. We didn't get down to Myrtle until 11:30pm but it was a much needed rest for both of us. We spent all day Saturday on the beach- drinking beer, reading and enjoying just being with each other. Insert picture of Saturday's fun here.
We slept in on Sunday and headed back to Columbia around lunch. Back to studying and the war with the bar on Sunday night (BOO!)

OH! We have spiders and bugs in our apartment which is where I'm guessing the bites and hives came from last week- so our building came and sprayed. Yea, now they are EVERYWHERE! I was laying in bed tonight doing Payment Systems note cards and got BIT the fire out of by some random big black bug! AH! GROW-DEE!!

Well back to work - another set of MBE questions before bed.
Please pray for Kristie and I - we need all the help and prayer we can stand. I don't think I ever really wrapped my mind around how much work, pressure and stress went into this monstrosity we call the bar exam- but we definitely know now.

-Amy-

2 comments:

Lindsey Broere said...

What a fun weekend...sounds like you needed it as well! You guys look so cute. And kudos on finding a dude that'll drive all night and show up with McDonalds--he's a keeper :-)

The Beaver Bunch said...

How did you know I had a blog, but I had no clue you had one? Yay! Glad I found it, finally. Praying for your bar exam...better than a pelvic? Well, maybe not...